EconoTaq® PLUS 2X Master Mix
EconoTaq® PLUS 2X Master Mix
EconoTaq® PLUS and EconoTaq PLUS GREEN 2X Master Mixes
- Outstanding performance and value are perfect for routine PCR.
- Can be cycled up to 98°C to amplify the most challenging GC-rich templates others cannot.
- Ready-to-use PCR reaction master mixes, contain dNTPs and PCR Enhancer.
- Non-proofreading polymerase
- EconoTaq PLUS GREEN contains tracking dyes for gel electrophoresis
EconoTaq® PLUS GREEN & EconoTaq PLUS 2X Master Mixes offer Performance, Convenience, Reliability, and Value for Routine PCR.
- More effective than other Taq master mixes. EconoTaq PLUS and PLUS GREEN 2X Master Mixes contain a proprietary PCR enhancer, so they can successfully amplify templates that fail to amplify with other PCR master mixes (Figure 1). High density reaction buffer enables direct gel loading following PCR.
- Excellent results in routine PCR. EconoTaq PLUS GREEN & EconoTaq PLUS contain high purity, high activity EconoTaq DNA Polymerase for reliable amplification of templates up to 5 kb (Figure 1).
- Amplify challenging GC-rich templates. These 2X Master Mixes can be cycled up to 98°C to amplify challenging GC-rich templates others cannot (Figure 2).
- Convenient tracking dyes in EconoTaq PLUS GREEN. On a 1% agarose gel, the blue dye migrates at the same rate as a 5 kb DNA fragment, and the yellow dye migrates at 75 bp. See Figure 3. If desired, the dyes are easily removed by standard DNA purification products or ethanol precipitation. For fluorescence or absorbance detection assays, EconoTaq PLUS 2X Master Mix offers the same great performance without the dyes.
- Flexible & easy to use. EconoTaq PLUS GREEN and EconoTaq PLUS are packaged in 50 reaction vials that can be stored in the refrigerator (+4ºC) for up to 3 months. They are stable for at least 10 freeze-thaw cycles.
- Low price! EconoTaq PLUS GREEN is only 26¢ per 50 µl PCR reaction…for everything! EconoTaq PLUS GREEN & EconoTaq PLUS offer great value when compared to Taq master mixes. EconoTaq PLUS GREEN & EconoTaq PLUS prices (see “Ordering and Pricing”) are based on a 50 µl PCR; using a 25 µl reaction volume will stretch your research budget even further.
Figure 1. EconoTaq PLUS GREEN Master Mix vs. GoTaq® Green master mix (Promega) in PCR. PCR was performed according to the manufacturer’s recommendations using primers specific for the indicated genes. Panel A, 0.7 kb prokaryotic single-stranded DNA binding protein (genomic DNA); Panel B, 2.7 kb prokaryotic DNA polymerase A (genomic DNA); Panel C, 4.5 kb gene (plasmid DNA).
Figure 2. GC-rich regions from human genomic DNA were PCR amplified using 98° C denaturation.
Figure 3. Easy visualization with EconoTaq PLUS GREEN. During electrophoresis, the green loading color separates into a slow-moving blue dye and a fast-moving yellow dye.
Some applications in which Lucigen's EconoTaq PLUS GREEN and EconoTaq PLUS 2X Master Mixes can be used may be covered by patents issued and applicable in the United States and certain other countries. Because purchase of this product does not include a license to perform any patented application, users of this product may be required to obtain a patent license depending upon the particular application in which the product is used. The PCR process is the subject of European Patent Nos. 201,184 and 200,262 owned by Hoffman-LaRoche. Those patents expired on March 28, 2006. The corresponding PCR process patents in the United States expired on March 29, 2005. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to ensure that use of the product does not infringe the patent rights of third parties.
Use EconoTaq PLUS GREEN 2X Master Mix when the PCR products will be analyzed by agarose gel electrophoresis and ethidium bromide staining. Use EconoTaq PLUS 2X Master Mix when the PCR products will be analyzed by absorbance or fluorescence excitation, to avoid possible interference by the dyes. EconoTaq PLUS GREEN & EconoTaq PLUS prices are based on a 50 µl PCR reaction.